Komatsu Forest Organisation
Operating on Six Continents
Komatsu Forest is one of the world's largest manufacturers of forest machines. We are represented on six world continents by a network of dealers and our own sales companies.
Our extensive service organisation takes care of the machines, ensuring that they perform their best throughout their service lives. We have workshops throughout the world, service buses for quick assistance, in-house machine and methodology instructors to help maximise productivity, and support functions for everything related to our machines and services.
Short facts about Komatsu Forest
- Founded in 1961 in Umeå, as Umeå Mekaniska
- Around 1 400 employees
- Head office in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for wheeled machines and heads in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for tracked machines in Chattanooga, USA
- Net sales of MEUR 473 in 2016
- Fully owned by Komatsu Ltd of Japan